Welcome to our website
Four employers' associations and a foundation for education share an office building in Bochum. The building was built in 1950 and is located in the famous ‘Königsallee’, one of the main avenues leading into the city of Bochum.
The five members of the office community are:
- Arbeitgeberverband der Eisen- und Metallindustrie für Bochum und Umgebung e.V. (AGV Metall) - the Iron and Metal Industry Employers' Association for Bochum and its surrounding area (region between the Ruhr and Lippe rivers), founded in 1906.
- Westfälischer Arbeitgeberverband für die chemische Industrie, Sitz Bochum e.V. (AGV Chemie) - the Chemical Industry Employers' Association of Westphalia, founded in 1948.
- Vereinigung der Papier, Pappe und Kunststoff verarbeitenden Industrie Westfalens e.V. (VPV Westfalen) - the Paper, Board and Plastics Converting Industry Employers' Association in Westphalia, founded in 1946.
- Arbeitgeberverband Ruhr-Lippe e.V. (AGV Ruhr-Lippe) - an employers’ association for other industries in the region between the Ruhr and Lippe rivers, founded in 1948.
- MINT-Stiftung Ruhr/Vest (foundation for projects in the fields of maths, informatics, natural sciences and technics), founded in 2006.
Each of our associations is supervised by an honorary board. The chairmen of the boards are:
- Mr. Friedrich-Wilhelm Wengeler, Wengeler & Kalthoff Hammerwerke GmbH & Co. KG, Hattingen (AGV Metall/MINT-Stiftung)
- Mr. Hans J. Hesse, Hesse GmbH & Co. KG, Hamm (AGV Chemie)
- Mr. Kai-Uwe Röhrig, Schürmann + Klagges GmbH & Co. KG, Bochum (AGV Ruhr-Lippe)
- Mr. Michael Benkert, Deutsche Benkert GmbH & Co. KG, Herne (VPV Westfalen)
A team of 25 experts manage the operational business of our offices. Mr. Dirk Erlhöfer is the managing director.
Altogether, the associations number 360 companies as voluntary members with almost 71,000 employees and about 3,900 trainees. A membership is possible with or without direct bargaining coverage.
What We Do
Industrial labor relations
As employers' associations, we analyze the economic climate, devise strategies for collective bargaining, coordinate negotiations with trade unions, provide support in the event of industrial action, and help companies implement collective bargaining agreements. In addition to representing our companies in the actual bargaining rounds, we are continuously working on ways to improve the collective bargaining system itself.
We voice the industry’s positions on social policy. The focus is on sustainably financed social security systems and keeping companies’ administrations manageable. We supply our members with expert advice on matters such as old-age provision, health policy and social security.
Education and training
We are involved in a number of projects to inform the public about working in the respective associations’ industry. We provide information to parents, teachers and young people about jobs, career prospects and the necessary requirements for vocational training in our members’ companies. Furthermore, we offer our members training courses to enhance their staff's professional skills.
We formulate and publicize the policies shared by each industry. Our communication focuses on putting across entrepreneurial positions and explaining the industry’s views. In this context we seek a dialogue with the media based on mutual trust. The positions are put forward in a powerful and differentiated manner at press conferences, as well as in interviews with and articles by the managing director.
Our engineers help our members to strengthen their competitiveness by planning and managing concrete measures in the areas of labour organization, pay scale classification, payment schemes and work-time systems.
The heads of our departments are:
- E-Mail: email@example.com / Phone: +49 234 58877-11
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: +49 234 58877-22
- E-Mail: email@example.com / Phone: +49 234 58877-66
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: +49 234 58877-77
Please contact us for more detailed information. We look forward to hearing from you.
Kontaktieren Sie uns!
Westfälischer Arbeitgeberverband für die chemische Industrie, Sitz Bochum e. V.
Fon: (0234) 5 88 77 -0
Fax: (0234) 5 88 77 -70